Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Coming Up for Air

Hello friends!

It's been a very busy spring and summer this year. My apologizes for not blogging--I've been gone for some time and am now back. Real life, work, family, selling my house, and everything in between has completely taken over the past seven months.  However, I have been finishing a few projects here and there and collecting bits and pieces for my Barton Cottage project.

I don't know if you remember, but I picked up a cute dollhouse off of Craigslist last summer. Take a look back at my post from September 9, 2013. I eventually called it the "Colonial House."  I meant to start work on it after I finished Barton Cottage. But after moving, I realized that one--I didn't have room for two big dollhouses in my new apartment, and two--I need to focus ALL my miniature time on my cottage project (seriously). Thus, I've decided to donate the Colonial House to my local miniature guild's auction.

To get it ready I stripped and sanded the interior and put a couple coats of primer on both the interior and exterior. Although I had big dreams of doing major rehab on this house to make it look historically accurate, it is at least now ready for someone who would like to just decorate it and have some fun.  Here are a few pictures of the house ready for auction.





If you would like to buy this little charmer, come to the Midwest Miniature Guild's February general meeting! We are always looking for new members and guests are welcome too! :)

Alright, it is back to work for me. But before I go, here is a little peek at Barton Cottage through the front door.


Construction has slowed down to a snail's pace this summer.  But the fall weather is perfect for getting miniatures done! Stay tuned for more. I will post when I get something good to look at!

Wishing you all the best,
Brad

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Brad! It'll be nice to see your progress on Barton Cottage when you're ready to reveal more.

    I hear you on the space issue - I have NO idea where I'll put my current build (single-story bungalow), and I'm already planning a future project which I also don't have any room for. If I weren't so clumsy, I would seriously consider switching to micro scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back after such a long absence. Your Colonial House looks so neat and bright and light that it's sure to find a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braaaaaaad!
    It's great to have you back on blogger. You have been missed! It's a shame that you don't have the room for both projects, but you did a great job "cleaning up" the colonial and I know it will find a happy home. Don't stay away so long...teasing us that picture of Barton Cottage is just cruel!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya there Brad!
    Welcome back! Boy, I wish I could be in the Midwest in Feb.! The house will bring in lots of money in the auction I am sure of it!
    Now I am curious to see how that door is going to turn out in the cottage. I can see Barton is thinking of great projects to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome. Back. Its good to see you posting again. Hugs marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, Your last photo is just the kind of shot that you would see in a coffee commercial or an AD for a house mortgage. Love it! :D
    The colonial looks to have a lot of room and you have made it a very desirable property for somebody out there.
    Looking forward to hearing more about your Barton Cottage Saga. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Brad! I can't wait to see more of Barton Cottage, now you've made us curious ;)!!
    I wish you a nice weekend! Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brad
    Looking forward to seeing more of Barton Cottage. Your picture really is a teaser!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brad!
    It's a beautiful house and you put so much work into it that it is visible to me even from Ukraine ))) I 'm only doing miniature furniture and room boxes , such a huge house , I probably will not do. Come to visit me , I'm always glad such a wonderful masters.

    ReplyDelete